Subject: UKTeX Digest V94 #26
From: [email-masked]
To: UKTeX Distribution: ;
Date: Fri, 15 Jul 1994 14:36:04 +0100

UKTeX Digest    Friday, 15 Jul 1994    Volume 94 : Issue 26

Today's Topics:
 {Questions & Answers}:
                        Re: LaTeX2e + PSNFSS2e
 {Announcements}:
              Announcing babel version 3.4 patch level 2

Administrivia:
    Moderators:     Peter Abbott (Aston University) and
                    David Osborne (University of Nottingham)
    Contributions:  [email-masked]
    Administration, subscription and unsubscription requests:
                    [email-masked]

----------------------------------------------------------------------

Date:    Fri, 08 Jul 1994 17:05:00 -0000
From:    [email-masked] (Alan Jeffrey)
Subject: Re: LaTeX2e + PSNFSS2e

Sebastian writes:

> > I have been testing my LaTeX2e + PSNFSS2e installation using the 
> > supplied TEST0.TEX file and I get the LaTeX error message that \dag 
> > and \ddag cannot be found in the T1 encoding. A simpler file 
> > illustrating the error with the resulting log file are listed below. 
> > Am I missing any/some TFM files (I have some but not all of the DC 
> > fonts TFM files in my TFM search path)?

>\dag and \ddag dont exist in the T1 encoding; i guess i should have
>warned you this would happen, but is normal and correct behaviour

This is actually a bug with the current release of 2e, and should be
fixed with the next patch level.  Any document which processes in the
OT1 encoding should also process in the T1 encoding.  Sorry about
this... 

Alan.

------------------------------

Date:    Tue, 12 Jul 1994 23:08:55 +0200
From:    "Johannes L. Braams" <[email-masked]>
Subject: Announcing babel version 3.4 patch level 2

        Hello,

        On CTAN, in the directory macros/latex/packages/babel the
        latest version of babel, version 3.4 patch level 2 has been
        made available.
        This version contains a few patches to make the documentation
        run again, and to change language.dat to load only hyphen.tex
        bu default.
        The most important change is that the pattern loading code now
        checks if the pattern file set the values vor \left- and
        \righthyphenmin. If not defaults are provided. The values so
        found are stored in \extras<language>.
        The error messages have been rewritten to use the new LaTeX
        error interface when that is available.

        This has been available on CTAN for a while now, I just forgot
        to announce it.

        Happy TeXing,

        Johannes Braams

PTT Research,                           P.O. box 421,
2260 AK Leidschendam,                   The Netherlands.
Phone    : +31 70 3325051               E-mail : [email-masked]
Fax      : +31 70 3326477

------------------------------
                                        
                            UK TeX Archive
                         >>>  tex.ac.uk  <<<
         Part of the Comprehensive TeX Archive Network (CTAN)

                          tex.ac.uk -- mail
                           [[email-masked]]

                    ftp.tex.ac.uk -- anonymous ftp
        [username: anonymous, password: <your-e-mail-address>]

                  gopher.tex.ac.uk -- Gopher access

                www.tex.ac.uk -- World-Wide Web access
                [URL http://www.tex.ac.uk/tex-archive]

                     nfs.tex.ac.uk -- NFS access
               [nfs.tex.ac.uk:/public/ctan/tex-archive]

\section Files of Interest

    tex-archive/00Contents
    tex-archive/CTAN.sites
    tex-archive/FILES.bydate
    tex-archive/FILES.byname
    tex-archive/FILES.bysize
    tex-archive/MAP
    tex-archive/README.archive-features
    tex-archive/README.site-commands
    tex-archive/README.uploads

\section Digests

    This year's UKTeX back issues are stored in the archive in directory
      tex-archive/digests/uktex/94
    This year's TeXhax back issues are stored in the archive in directory
      tex-archive/digests/texhax/94
      Latest TeXhax: V94 #04

\section Media Distributions
    Postal addresses are given below.

\subsection Washington Unix TeX distribution tape
    Our latest copy of May/June 1991 contains:
    TeX 3.14, LaTeX 2.09, Metafont 2.7, plus many utilities
    suitable for Unix 4.2/4.3BSD & System V
    tar format, 1 file (36Mb)

    Send One Quarter-Inch Cartridge, QIC-120 or QIC-150 format
    (DC600A or DC6150) with envelope AND stamps for return
    postage to David Osborne (address below); regret that due to currency
    exchange difficulties, this service is offered only within the UK.

\section TeX Implementations for Small Computers

\subsection PC and Mac disks

    From January 1994 the UK TeX Users' Group is distributing an
    emTeX kit for PCs, and an OzTeX kit for Macintosh. The cost
    covers copying and postage costs, and the shareware fee for
    OzTeX.  Each set costs \pounds30, and is available from
    Peter Abbott, 1 Eymore Close, Selly Oak, Birmingham B29 4LB.
    Cheques must be payable to `UKTUG'. Please note that this
    service **is available to UKTUG members only.**

    Each set comes with an installation guide, and (at least)
    full TeX and Metafont, a previewer, a PostScript driver, and
    CM fonts. Two update disks a year will be sent out
    automatically, with the current version of LaTeXe, and other
    goodies. A subscription service will be available for
    subsequent years. In addition, subscribers can request up to
    3 disks a year with any material from the CTAN archives, but
    this will be supplied `as is', without instructions.

    OzTeX and emTeX are also available on disk from TeX Users Group;
    mail TUG for details.

\subsection TeX for the Atari ST

    Enquiries for TeX for the Atari ST etc. can be directed to:
    The Fast Club, 7 Musters Road, Nottingham NG2 7PP. Phone
    0602 455250, fax 0602 455305. They also supply a variety of
    TeX-related software in Atari format.

    Enquiries for disks etc. can also be directed to:
    The South West Software Library, P.O. Box 562, Wimborne, Dorset BH21 2YD
    Internet: [email-masked]

\section Postage Rates

    Quarter-inch cartridges: UK: GBP 1.00,  Europe: GBP 2.00.

\section Postal Addresses

    Please include SELF-ADDRESSED ADHESIVE LABELS for return postage.

    Peter Abbott
    Information Systems, Aston University, Aston Triangle, Birmingham B4 7ET
    Internet: [email-masked]

    David Osborne
    Cripps Computing Centre, University of Nottingham, Nottingham NG7 2RD
    (for Unix cartridges ONLY -- MUST include stamps for return postage)
    Internet: [email-masked]

    TeX Users Group
    P.O. Box 869, Santa Barbara, CA 93102, USA.
    Internet: [email-masked]
    
\section UK TeX Users Group

    Details available from
    Jonathan Fine, 203 Coldhams Lane, Cambridge CB1 3HY, UK
    or from
    Internet: [email-masked]
    or from
    World-Wide Web server: http://www.tex.ac.uk/UKTUG/home.html

\bye

End of UKTeX Digest [Volume 94 Issue 26]
****************************************