Subject: UKTeX Digest V94 #27
From: [email-masked]
To: UKTeX Distribution: ;
Date: Fri, 22 Jul 1994 17:57:04 +0100

UKTeX Digest    Friday, 22 Jul 1994    Volume 94 : Issue 27

Today's Topics:
 {Questions & Answers}:
                   Multiple page postscrip include?
         Re: Multiple page postscript files in LaTeX document
                              SetFigFont

Administrivia:
    Moderators:     Peter Abbott (Aston University) and
                    David Osborne (University of Nottingham)
    Contributions:  [email-masked]
    Administration, subscription and unsubscription requests:
                    [email-masked]

----------------------------------------------------------------------

Date:    Mon, 18 Jul 1994 08:14:10 +0000
From:    [email-masked] (I Scott)
Subject: Multiple page postscrip include?

Recently I've needed to include a several page poscript file inside a
LaTeX document, but haven't had much success. I am reasonably
experienced at including single encapsulated postscript files in LaTeX
documents, but have had no success with multiple page files.

I need to include some publications within a thesis, and would prefer
that the entire document be formed as a single LaTeX file.

Any help is appreciated.

Thanks, Iain.

------------------------------

Date:    18 Jul 1994 13:53:06 +0000
From:    [email-masked] (Robin Fairbairns)
Subject: Re: Multiple page postscript files in LaTeX document

In article <[email-masked]> (and earlier, in article
<[email-masked]>), I Scott <[email-masked]> wrote:
>Recently I've needed to include a multiple page postscript (could be
>eps) file in a LaTeX document. I'm reasonably experienced with single
>page eps & ps files, but have had success with multiple page files.

I assume you're using dvips (most people are, but you don't say)

The documentation explains how to include encapsulated PostScript, and
I had read it as saying that this is the *only* thing you can include.

When I posted a response on exactly this subject on comp.text.tex last
week, saying exactly that, I was told that the documentation doesn't
*say* anywhere that it won't take any but encapsulated PostScript; but
rest assured that it won't.

>I need to include some publications within a thesis, and would prefer
>that the entire document be formed as a single LaTeX file.

You have the PostScript of the publications?  Do you also have access
to the LaTeX original?  If so, could you not hack that into your
document?  If not, you're into either hacking single pages out of the
PostScript, or using some sort of psconcat program (of which I know of
none, but no doubt they exist somewhere or other...).
- --
Robin (Campaign for Real Radio 3) Fairbairns       [email-masked]
U of Cambridge Computer Lab, Pembroke St, Cambridge  CB2 3QG, UK
Private page: http://www.cl.cam.ac.uk/users/rf/robin.html

------------------------------

Date:    Tue, 19 Jul 1994 16:50:44 +0000
From:    [email-masked] (Andrew Fordham)
Subject: SetFigFont

I know I've asked this question here before, but why oh why oh why do
xfig figures exported as latex include \SetFigFont's which my latex2e
complains about? Am I missing a style file or something? 
(N.B. I do not want to export things as eps and then \epsffile them as
I want to take advantage of some of latex's typesetting in the figure
itself) 

        Andrew

Andrew Fordham (Research Fellow)                 | University of Surrey
Social and Computer Sciences Research Group      | Department of Sociology
Phone: +44 483 259292 (x3004)                    | Guildford
Email: [email-masked]                    | GU2 5XH, UK

------------------------------
                                        
                            UK TeX Archive
                         >>>  tex.ac.uk  <<<
         Part of the Comprehensive TeX Archive Network (CTAN)

                          tex.ac.uk -- mail
                           [[email-masked]]

                    ftp.tex.ac.uk -- anonymous ftp
        [username: anonymous, password: <your-e-mail-address>]

                  gopher.tex.ac.uk -- Gopher access

                www.tex.ac.uk -- World-Wide Web access
                [URL http://www.tex.ac.uk/tex-archive]

                     nfs.tex.ac.uk -- NFS access
               [nfs.tex.ac.uk:/public/ctan/tex-archive]

\section Files of Interest

    tex-archive/00Contents
    tex-archive/CTAN.sites
    tex-archive/FILES.bydate
    tex-archive/FILES.byname
    tex-archive/FILES.bysize
    tex-archive/MAP
    tex-archive/README.archive-features
    tex-archive/README.site-commands
    tex-archive/README.uploads

\section Digests

    This year's UKTeX back issues are stored in the archive in directory
      tex-archive/digests/uktex/94
    This year's TeXhax back issues are stored in the archive in directory
      tex-archive/digests/texhax/94
      Latest TeXhax: V94 #04

\section Media Distributions
    Postal addresses are given below.

\subsection Washington Unix TeX distribution tape
    Our latest copy of May/June 1991 contains:
    TeX 3.14, LaTeX 2.09, Metafont 2.7, plus many utilities
    suitable for Unix 4.2/4.3BSD & System V
    tar format, 1 file (36Mb)

    Send One Quarter-Inch Cartridge, QIC-120 or QIC-150 format
    (DC600A or DC6150) with envelope AND stamps for return
    postage to David Osborne (address below); regret that due to currency
    exchange difficulties, this service is offered only within the UK.

\section TeX Implementations for Small Computers

\subsection PC and Mac disks

    From January 1994 the UK TeX Users' Group is distributing an
    emTeX kit for PCs, and an OzTeX kit for Macintosh. The cost
    covers copying and postage costs, and the shareware fee for
    OzTeX.  Each set costs \pounds30, and is available from
    Peter Abbott, 1 Eymore Close, Selly Oak, Birmingham B29 4LB.
    Cheques must be payable to `UKTUG'. Please note that this
    service **is available to UKTUG members only.**

    Each set comes with an installation guide, and (at least)
    full TeX and Metafont, a previewer, a PostScript driver, and
    CM fonts. Two update disks a year will be sent out
    automatically, with the current version of LaTeXe, and other
    goodies. A subscription service will be available for
    subsequent years. In addition, subscribers can request up to
    3 disks a year with any material from the CTAN archives, but
    this will be supplied `as is', without instructions.

    OzTeX and emTeX are also available on disk from TeX Users Group;
    mail TUG for details.

\subsection TeX for the Atari ST

    Enquiries for TeX for the Atari ST etc. can be directed to:
    The Fast Club, 7 Musters Road, Nottingham NG2 7PP. Phone
    0602 455250, fax 0602 455305. They also supply a variety of
    TeX-related software in Atari format.

    Enquiries for disks etc. can also be directed to:
    The South West Software Library, P.O. Box 562, Wimborne, Dorset BH21 2YD
    Internet: [email-masked]

\section Postage Rates

    Quarter-inch cartridges: UK: GBP 1.00,  Europe: GBP 2.00.

\section Postal Addresses

    Please include SELF-ADDRESSED ADHESIVE LABELS for return postage.

    Peter Abbott
    Information Systems, Aston University, Aston Triangle, Birmingham B4 7ET
    Internet: [email-masked]

    David Osborne
    Cripps Computing Centre, University of Nottingham, Nottingham NG7 2RD
    (for Unix cartridges ONLY -- MUST include stamps for return postage)
    Internet: [email-masked]

    TeX Users Group
    P.O. Box 869, Santa Barbara, CA 93102, USA.
    Internet: [email-masked]
    
\section UK TeX Users Group

    Details available from
    Jonathan Fine, 203 Coldhams Lane, Cambridge CB1 3HY, UK
    or from
    Internet: [email-masked]
    or from
    World-Wide Web server: http://www.tex.ac.uk/UKTUG/home.html

\bye

End of UKTeX Digest [Volume 94 Issue 27]
****************************************