Subject: UKTeX Digest V94 #38
From: [email-masked]
To: UKTeX Distribution: ;
Date: Tue, 11 Oct 1994 16:36:04 +0100

UKTeX Digest    Tuesday, 11 Oct 1994    Volume 94 : Issue 38

Today's Topics:
           UKTUG AGM afternoon programme: What's New in TeX

Administrivia:
    Moderators:     Peter Abbott (UK TeX Users Group) and
                    David Osborne (University of Nottingham)
    Contributions:  [email-masked]
    Subscription and unsubscription requests: [email-masked]
    (message body = "subscribe uktex" or "unsubscribe uktex", [no quotes])

----------------------------------------------------------------------

Date:    Tue, 11 Oct 1994 10:23:26 +0100
From:    Robin Fairbairns <[email-masked]>
Subject: UKTUG AGM afternoon programme: What's New in TeX

Here is the programme for the afternoon meeting, following the UKTUG
AGM to be held in the Staff Club Quiet Room, University of Warwick, on
October 19th, 1994.  The AGM is scheduled to start at 10.30 and finish
at 12.00, while the afternoon session will occupy the period from
12.00 to 5.00.

There is no charge for the AGM itself, but members who wish to stay
for the afternoon meeting will have to pay. Non-members are not
permitted to participate in the AGM but are welcome to attend the
afternoon meeting.  For members of the UK TeX Users Group, there is a
charge of \pounds 20, which includes a buffet lunch and afternoon
refreshments.  For non-members, the charge is \pounds 30.  Contact
Malcolm Clark, Computing Services, University of Warwick, Coventry
CV4~7AL, to book for the afternoon meeting.  Further details of the
afternoon meeting, including a booking form, are in Baskerville 4.4.

============================
           What's New in TeX

Talks about recent developments in the TeX world.

Philip Taylor:   The NTS Project

  This is a project to investigate systems that might follow on where
  TeX leaves off.  It is a long-term project, and Philip will talk
  about its aims and achievements so far.

Jonathan Fine:   Using TeX in Radical Ways

  Jonathan will talk about work he has in progress to use TeX as a
  processor in ways Knuth never intended it for.

Ulrich Janz:     The eddi4tex TeX Environment

  Ulrich developed the eddi4tex environment as a user-friendly front-
  end for using TeX under DOS, and this talk will outline its
  capabilities.

David Carlisle:  Using Colour in LaTeX2e

  David wrote the LaTeX2e graphics package, which includes facilities
  for dealing with colour; his talk will be based on one given at the
  Santa Barbara meeting of TUG '94

Angus Duggan:    Colour Separation and PostScript

  Angus has developed a program for colour separation of DVI files;
  his talk is also based on one given at Santa Barbara

Philip Taylor:   The UK English Hyphenation Patterns

  Philip has taken over Dominik Wujastyk's work on these patterns; his
  second talk of the afternoon will outline the mechanisms he is
  establishing to maintain the patterns.

LaTeX experts:   LaTeX2e Panel Session

  The remaining time will be taken up with a question and answer
  session, where those present can have their problems with LaTeX2e
  explained, solved, or (at least) noted...

  Experts present will include Chris Rowley, David Carlisle, Sebastian
  Rahtz and (subject to teaching commitments) Alan Jeffrey.

------------------------------

End of UKTeX Digest [Volume 94 Issue 38]
****************************************